Saturday, April 14, 2007

In His Words

Speaking about 'XPN and Michaela Majoun, see Live Art, I also discovered that she interviewed Jon Stewart on Friday the 13th, Michaela Majoun interviews Jon Stewart, about his upcoming show at the Tower Theater on April 27 -- which I am of course attending, see He's Coming.

Interesting interview. He discusses Don Imus (big surprise) and his excitement over the end of racism. Majoun asked him about crossing the line and if he's wary after this incident. Stewart says he's not concerned, because he uses his own sense of humanity and hopes that the "internal decency monitoring" will work. He also notes the fact that the issue is not a 1st Amendment or censorship issue.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For the most part...whenever someone famous is talking about Imus, I turn off my brain until they're finished...though, when a comedian is offering their thoughts on the whole thing, I'm paying attention.

Off topic - but this archived Stern show I'm listening to right now...Gilbert Gotfried doing an impression of Seinfeld doing an impression of Bela Legosi...