Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Halls are Decked


In answer to a Commenter on my post about my Christmas frog, Oh Christmas Toad, the tree is up and trimmed, and the rest of the house is decked. As I mentioned in The Grinch Almost Stole Santa, my husband and I have the annual debate over how early is too early to put the tree up. For my husband, anything sooner than Christmas Eve is early. Obviously, it's a battle I always win.

This year, we got the tree last week-end and began the decoration extravaganza throughout the week. We finished decking the halls (and nooks and crannies) a few days ago.

Now, all we have to do is await Santa's arrival.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I found your blog following a link from ABFS, and just wanted to say your tree is gorgeous.

My hubby is also one of the ones who likes to decorate on Christmas Eve, and I'm just such an awful procrastinator that that's about when i get around to it :)

JudiPhilly said...

Thanks for the words.

So now the question is:

when to de-tree (& take down the trimmings too).

Easier when you decorate on XMas Eve to keep it up longer. Last night, the husband said to keep it up a while (since he doesn't get into the spirit until XMas Eve). Me, I'm ready now. However, I'll hand in there for a while, just as part of the procrastinating post-holiday mode.