Saturday, January 27, 2007

Quote of the Day

Keith Olbermann
Born: January 27, 1959

You know, every once in a while you should bring the flag out and say, “What does our country stand for?” The first thing that I think of is the statement that I disagree with your beliefs, but I will fight to the death for your right to express them. When the secretary of defense and the president of the United States make statements that indicate those statements are no longer operative, then you have to say something. It’s no longer liberal versus conservative at that point. It’s American versus truly un-American. So I’m not courting anybody with these things, I’m saying these things because I think they need to be said. I think they need to be underlined and underscored in the public discourse.

(Via Daily Kos)

No comments: