Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dance With My Father



My father is generally a quiet guy, but he stands out in one area. He is smooth on the dance floor. Even though he sometimes loses his balance these days, you would never know it from his dance performance last week-end at my nephew's graduation party, see Ain't No Party Like a Scranton Party.

I, on the other hand, was a child of the sixties, so my dancing skills are somewhat lacking. I can remember going to dances in high school and mostly sitting on the floor with my friends, swaying to the music. Dances weren't for dancing. And, I haven't progressed much since then.

Because of this, I don't often dance with my dad. He's a pro and I'm a bit stilted as I try to dance to the music. But, every once in a while, we get out there & he tries to lead me with grace.

I heard this song today and it reminded me of my dad and how lucky I am to be able to still dance with my father.

Happy Father's Day, dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you made me tear up. And, as Martha Stewart would say, that's a good thing.