Sunday, July 30, 2006

Take me out to the Ballgame


On our first full day in Atlanta, we went to an Atlanta Braves baseball game. Not that you'd know from me, but the Braves lost, Mets hammer Hudson, Braves. It was a perfect baseball day, the weather was beautiful and our seats were covered, so we were shaded from the sun.

There were 12 of us in our group, scattered throughout our section of Turner Field. I know I've mentioned before that I'm not a sports fan (see e.g. Hall of Shame?), but if I had to pick, baseball is definitely an enjoyable sport and the fans are friendly. My loquacious husband Dave met everyone around us by the end of the game. The family behind us was originally from New York, so they were Mets fans, and in the small world department, the mother of the husband is from Scranton, our home town.

(I had to take pictures of Turner Field (& statue of Hank Aaron) to prove I was there)

No comments: