Saturday, January 13, 2007

Build me up, Buttercup


Fabio* -- the model known as "The King of Romance"-- as well as for the commercial "I can't believe it's not butter," stopped by Philly yesterday, visiting Liberty Place for a Mediterranean island getaway promotion. Fabio came with an island on wheels to launch a contest for his new "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!" Mediterranean Blend spread. See Fabio's Island Getaway.

As City Paper said in What's Cooking, "Fabio's flowing, honey-colored locks, chiseled jaw and romance-novel good looks have made him a household name. Moreover, his I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! plugs have turned everyday gals into total faux-buttermongerers" -- as the above photo attests.

Pictured above with Fabio on Friday after school are a few local buttercups, including mine.

*Of course, I only knew who Fabio was once it was explained to me by my daughter. Alas, he's no relation to The Foundations, Build Me Up Buttercup.


UPDATE (1/16): Here's Fabio with another fan. Let's see, who does he look happier with? Hard to tell.

(Photo at right via Philadelphia Will Do)



No comments: