Monday, January 22, 2007

The Reason Why


Blog for Choice Day - January 22, 2007


I don't really have a story to tell.

I'm not pro-Choice because I had an abortion. Not even a close call. In fact, the opposite is true for me. It took me some time to get pregnant and I am now the proud (most days, anyway) mother of a beautiful 16 year old daughter.

I am pro-choice because I have been lucky enough to live the life I wanted. After I finished school, I established my career before deciding that I was ready to start a family. I was able to choose that path without difficulty. Not everyone is so fortunate. I am for Choice for those women. I want others to be able to follow the path that works for them. That path may be motherhood -- or it may not.

It's all about choices. That's part of life.

For other voices expressing why they are pro-choice, see Blogs for Choice.

No comments: