Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday Night Fun



Meditacion de Thais, Massenet
Sarah Chang & Berliner Phil.
Conducted by Placido Domingo

Today was a yo-yo day. My daughter and her friends had front row seats for the Sixer's Game for her birthday, so I was planning to luxuriate at my hair salon. Then, one of her friend's canceled, so I was going to go to the game with my husband & the gang. Next, another friend called who had tickets for a concert at the Kimmel. Her date was sick & couldn't go, so she invited me.

What to do? Me, who has nothing to do most nights, suddenly had too many options. Cancelled hair appointment. Said no to concert. Planned to go to game with the birthday girl. Maybe I could turn into a sports fan (2 basketball games, 2 Fridays in a row-- I think I qualify?). Then, the daughter invited another friend & I was off the list. I figured I'd now end up home alone, since all my options had slipped away.

Luckily, my friend didn't get another replacement, so we went to the Kimmel. The concert was part of its Master Musicians: Strings series, featuring Sarah Chang.

Great stuff.

And the Sixers won (an unusual feat, as I understand it). A fun time was had by all.

No comments: