Saturday, March 11, 2006

Twilight Zone

There is a commercial from Vernon Robinson, who is running for Congress in North Carolina that is truly scary. Using the "Twilight Zone" theme, Robinson tries to instill fear in conservative Republicans by attacking gays, blacks, judges, immigrants. See it for yourself at Crooks and Liars. He's in the Twilight Zone alright.

Oh, please save me from those "family values."

UPDATE: Word is that Robinson pulled the vicious ad. See Crooks and Liars. Unclear whether it was because of copyright issues re: use of Twilight Zone tape or outcry because of the hateful content. My bet is the former. You can still see the ad at the Crooks and Liars site.

Also, apparently, this guy is black. Must have major self-esteem issues.

2 comments:

Deep Fried Canadian said...

Dear "JudiPhilly",

I am a grad student at LSU in the mass communications department. We have been studying political blogging this semester and your blog caught my attention. I have been assigned to interview a political blogger about their motivation to blog, intended audience, etc. and I was hoping that you would be willing to answer my very unintimidating questions sometime over the next couple of weeks. We could either handle the interview via email or over the phone, whichever is easier for you. Please let me know if you are interested as soon as possible; I need to have confirmation before my class on Tuesday night.

Thank you for your consideration.

Keren Henderson

JudiPhilly said...

Dear Keren:

I'd be happy to participate. Email me at JudiPhilly@gmail.com, so you can give me your email address. We can then discuss the best way to do this. Judi