Monday, February 19, 2007

To Bush on Presidents Day

Al Neuharth founder of USA Today, corrects himself and issues a Mea culpa to Bush on Presidents Day. He explains:

A year ago I criticized Hillary Clinton for saying "this (Bush) administration will go down in history as one of the worst."

"She's wrong," I wrote. Then I rated these five presidents, in this order, as the worst: Andrew Jackson, James Buchanan, Ulysses Grant, Hoover and Richard Nixon. "It's very unlikely Bush can crack that list," I added.

I was wrong. This is my mea culpa. Not only has Bush cracked that list, but he is planted firmly at the top.
He's #1.

In honor of President's Day, here are a few other posts on the issue:
Sui Generis, Without.A.Doubt and And the Winner Is?.

(Via Editor & Publisher, Al Neuharth: Bush Is Worst President of All-Time)

No comments: