Saturday, October 20, 2007

Cartoon of the Day

I survived my surgery and am well on the road to recovery, minus one body part.

Luckily, the surgery went well, without any complications, and I am feeling fine. To the surprise of everyone, I haven't even needed any additional pain meds (but I'm taking my supply home in case the Bushies cause me too much pain). I guess they just don't understand that lawyers cause pain, they don't feel it.

I also was lucky enough to have a private room, with wi-fi access and received exceedingly solicitous care and treatment by all. It helps to have the best insurance available, and to have a lot of connections with the various doctors on-staff and hospital administration. I assume my treatment was a bit above and beyond the normal level of care, since I was asked more than once who I knew in high places.

Even absent that, the care at this hospital in a wealthy suburban Philadelphia community was excellent. Everyone was friendly and caring, and unlike their counterparts in Center City at the academic institutions, they are not overwhelmed with the volume of patients. Certainly you want to be at a Jeff or a Penn if you have a complicated or exotic health care issue, but for the mundane problem like I had, this is the place to be.

This is what the face of health care should be. And for all, not just the privileged few like me.

* Randy Glasbergen

No comments: