Thursday, October 18, 2007

Therapy for Bikes & Phones, too

So yesterday was a busy day at the office, with several meetings with new clients. So I was kind of harried in the morning on my way to work. Once I got to the office, I parked my car in my usual spot, on the busy street in front of our building. In addition to my briefcase, I had a number of boxes, etc. to carry into the office, so my hands were full.

I rushed into the office, prepared for my first meeting, which was with a nice client who is doing a number of interesting things. After our meeting, I went back to my office and looked for my cell phone. You know -- that iPhone that I spend all that $$$ on.

I had it in a little phone bag, attached to my handbag. It was nowhere to be found. The phone bag and phone -- Gone. I raced back out to the car, looked in and around the car, traced my way back to the office. No phone. Of course, this is now several hours after I got in to the office.

A few of my colleagues looked around with me. No luck. We tried calling the phone several times, but we didn't hear it ringing and there was no answer.

Then, someone picked up. It was Lee.

Lee was biking by the office, which is along the bike path and he found my bag/phone. He wasn't sure how to reach me, so he waited for me to call. My husband, who works in Center City, went to the bike shop to retrieve my phone and got a tour of the place. He was impressed with the store and its bikes. And Lee.

Lee owns a wonderful bike shop, Bicycle Therapy on South Street in Philly. As his website notes:

Bicycle Therapy is a full service independent bicycle shop located in Center City, Philadelphia. Lee Rogers opened Bicycle Therapy in 1990 with a small loan and a loyal following. Since that time Lee has established himself as an expert technician, salesman, and master wheel builder.

From the beginning, Bicycle Therapy has been active in the Philadelphia cycling scene. Bicycle Therapy sponsors road and mountain bike teams, promotes local races and provides mechanical assistance on area charity rides. Lee and his staff are active cyclists and you'll see them regularly out on the roads, trails and at the races.

Lee is a good, honest person, who deserves success in his business and in his life. If you need a bike -- go see Lee. Obviously his therapy goes beyond bikes.

As for me -- I am re-united with my phone, thanks to Lee.

No comments: