Friday, September 28, 2007

By the Sea, By the Sea, By the Beautiful Sea


From the Mountains of Mohonk, A Castle Retreat, to the Beaches of Cape May, The Southern Mansion, it's the time of year to reflect on fall and fun.

As I put it last year:

The Lady Lawyers Who Lunch (a/k/a my officemates) have decided to take a long lunch. We are off for a long week-end retreat. A little business, a little booze, a lot of fun.

This one, as anyone who knows me can guess, was my pick. What better setting than a restored Cape May mansion built circa 1860, set on one and a half acres of gardens, centrally located in the historic district, within a 5 minute walk to the best beaches, shops and restaurants.

I'm especially looking forward to this retreat/respite, since I need to have surgery (not major) in the next week or so. In fact, tests, doctor's appointments (coupled with a daughter who had to get strep throat at the same time) caused me to have to delay my trip to the shore by a day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, good luck with the surgery thing.

Holding you in The Light.

JudiPhilly said...

Thanks much.