Sunday, September 16, 2007

God Goes Back to School




It's Sunday morning. Time for religious reflection. Such as Samantha Bee's Daily Show segment: This Week in God -- Back to School Edition.

Proves that right up there with separation of Church and State should be separation of Church and School. Of course, I'm not sure I'm one to talk, having attended religious schools (Catholic) from 1st grade through law school (with a time out for high school). And, of course, my daughter attends a Quaker School, which is a religious school as well (but in a good way). Maybe I have a bit of Republican blood in me after all, I too can be a hypocrite.

(Via onegoodmove)

The Daily Show w/Jon Stewart -
View Daily Show video at Comedy Central Motherload

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The thing is, the great thing about our system is that you can CHOOSE that Friends' school for your child. If I was a Druid, we could do that for our kids.

The problem is that the fundamentalists want to make PUBLIC schools into their own Christian schools. Because this isn't about letting "God" into the classroom: it's about letting them put THEIR VERSION of God into EVERYONE'S classrooms.