Thursday, November 22, 2007

Fall Feast

Posted by Picasa

At the office the other day, we were just talking about "Planes, Trains & Automobiles," so when I saw this quote, I had to include it as the Thanksgiving Quote of the Day, from A. J. Daulerio of Philly Magazine's The Daily Examiner:
[F]rom the movie Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, which is probably the closest thing to a Thanksgiving movie out there. Enjoy your travels; hopefully, your rental car agency won’t derail you from your final turkey destination.

And I really don’t care for the way your company left me in the middle of fucking nowhere with fucking keys to a fucking car that isn’t fucking there. And I really didn’t care to fucking walk down a fucking highway and across a fucking runway to get back here to have you smile in my fucking face. I want a fucking car RIGHT FUCKING NOW!

This one's for Anne.

If you are in to a more traditional tribute, try William S. Burroughs's Thanksgiving tribute at A Thanksgiving Prayer. And last year's Scenes From A Bush Thanksgiving is still worth a read.

Finally, don't forget to sing along with Adam Sandler in Love to Eat Turkey.

~~~

This tree, in our side yard, reminds me that fall is blazing as we prepare for Thanksgiving dinner. We can see it out our dining room window (room with rounded windows) as we feast on our turkey and the trimmings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my favorite scene in the whole movie! It always makes me laugh.

JudiPhilly said...

The thought of dealing with that kind of traveling nightmare is what keeps me here for the holidays.

The quote is the perfect summation of the frustration of it all!!