Thursday, November 27, 2008

Change From Within

As a follow up to my post on Obama and the direction of his Administration based upon his appointments, Everything Must Change, during his Presidency-in-Waiting press conference, he was asked if the picks he had made for his cabinet and advisory positions conflicted with his campaign message of Change. He responded:

Understand where the vision for change comes from, first and foremost," he said. "It comes from me. That's my job, to provide a vision in terms of where we are going and to make sure then that my team is implementing [that vision].



He also noted:
"The last Democratic administration we had was the Clinton administration," said Obama. "So it would be surprising if I selected a Treasury Secretary who had had no connection with the last Democratic administration, because that would mean that the person had no experience in Washington whatsoever. And I suspect that you would be troubled and the American people would be troubled if I selected a Treasury Secretary or a chairman of the National Economic Council, at one of the most critical economic times in our history, who had no experience in government whatsoever. What we are going to do is combine experience with fresh thinking."
See Obama Defends Cabinet: The Change Will Come From Me

See also, It's Not About People, It's About Policy.

No comments: