Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Hahbahtdem Stillers

This blogger, a former Pittsburgher, reminisces What Steelers Mean to Pittsburgh---and PA Governor Race at Daily Kos. He brings back a lot of fond memories of my days in Pittsburgh as he discusses the Steelers and Pittsburgh in the 70s and 80s (the time I was there), and about how Pittsburgh suffered a great decline in the mid-80s, after the steel mills closed, which is when we left. I was surprised to see that during this period, the city also lost half it's population. It's an interesting read.

Also, he has posted some great Steeler's Super Bowl pictures at his website: Dreaming Up Daily. Steeler fans should check them out.

His post also discusses former Steeler Lynn Swann, who is the likely Republican-anointed Candidate for Governor of Pennsylvania. The man is lucky. Steeler mania is publicity you can't buy. Makes me worry for Ed. Rendell is the type of man I hate to love, but I must admit that he won me over during his years as Mayor of Philly. He certainly has his foibles, but he did a damn good job making Philly a better place. I also think he's done a good job as Governor in a difficult environment, with a republican controlled legislature more interested in making him look bad than doing what's right for the state. More to come on this topic as the race progresses.

No comments: