Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Doctor Heal Thyself


Today is the second time that I've been stood up. It was a date that I was really looking forward to, but he was a no show twice.

I've had a sick appliance and called Appliance Doctor, who does house calls. Yet Appliance Doctor seems to be going the way of regular physicians -- no more house calls. That is, despite waiting at the appointed time two different days, no one came. No one called.

When you call to schedule an appointment, they are supposed to call that morning between 8 - 9 a.m. to give you a window of when to expect the repairman. I ended up waiting 1 1/2 hours this morning to find out when I needed to be home to wait for my repairman. I finally called and was told that he'd be here this afternoon. So home I came and waited. And waited. And waited. No one came. No one called.

The first time this happened, I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. No more. So, my question is, if I have to pay a service charge when they come to the house, do I get to bill Appliance Doctor for my waiting time if they don't come???

I think the Appliance Doctor needs to see a doctor about getting better. I may have a sick appliance, but I think I'm not the only one. Talk about bad doctors!

Perhaps I need to add a magnet on my red convertible, like the guy who expressed his view of Cherry Hill Dodge after they refused to honor the warranty on the truck he bought there, which says:

Appliance Doctor of Bensalem, Pa Sucks!!!

No comments: