Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Life is a Beach


It was the after graduation trip to the shore (a ritual our daughter repeated just this year).

I was there with my friends from high school, back in the days when you not only used sun tan lotion, but added baby oil for a quicker tan. My then boyfriend Bobby was also there (with his corvette). I was cruising the boardwalk with my girlfriends, when my friend Beth ran into her boyfriend. He was with a bunch of his friends and I struck up a conversation with one of them.

Dave and I ended up walking along the beach & we spent the rest of the night together. I ditched Bobby and the rest is history. Of course, not everything has been fun and roses since then. We had a fight on the bus ride back to Scranton (over Eldridge Cleaver, no less!) and I wouldn't talk to him after that. We ran into each other a few weeks later and made up.

That was 37 years ago today. It's also our 20th wedding anniversary.




The Reasons by Earth, Wind & Fire is a favorite (as is this song).

1 comment:

Shaun Mullen said...

May your souls never be on ice and may you have many, many more anniversaries.

Best, Shaun