Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Playing Games

I haven't watched the Summer Games -- I would say that I'm boycotting the Beijing Olympics, but to be perfectly honest, I probably wouldn't watch them anyway. It's the sports thing.

But I loved The Quaker Agitator's description of the games being played at the games, The Orwell Olympics:

The fireworks were faked.

The singer wasn’t singing.

Those seats are not really all sold out.

The judges aren’t calling the shots fairly.

But seriously, folks. What did we expect?"
And then of course, there was this from the other George. Gawker made me actually giggle with its hysterical riff on the antics of the soon-to-be Former, Bush Looking Drunk At The Olympics:


No one's saying teetotaling President Bush would actually try and sneak some shots of alcohol while enjoying himself at the Beijing Olympics as his apocalyptically bad presidency recedes into history. That's the sort of thing you'd read in, say, the National Enquirer, which as everyone knows is full of trashy tabloid lies. Besides, the president doesn't have to consume actual alcohol to act like a bumbling fraternity president. Still, it's worth noting that Bush
has been doing a funny/terrifying impersonation of a drunk president for all the press photographers at the Olympics. He's even got the red face thing down!





Now, of course, if you were to ask me, I'd say he didn't just fall off the stairs on his way to his seat, he fell of the wagon too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can add that to my list:

The president wasn't really knackered.

JudiPhilly said...

OK, so you're (probably) right that he wasn't drunk. However, after 8 years of Bush lying like a drunken sailor -- about everything, I figure I could lie about the drunken part.