Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Last Great Debate



So I hear there's a debate tonight between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, in what is being billed as the Last Great Debate.

In what is a preview of what to expect, here's a video of the debate, with stand-ins from SNL.

UPDATE (2/27): Little did I know how prescient I would be labeling this clip a preview of the debate. Clinton referenced the adoring press shown to her opponent, as portrayed in the recent Saturday Night Live "debate." As the NYTimes observed, 20th Debate: Reality Show or a Spinoff?:

Mrs. Clinton wanted the world to understand that the press is tougher on her than on Barack Obama. And she made her case by citing a sketch on last week’s “Saturday Night Live” that showed mock debate moderators grilling her stand-in, Ms. Poehler, but fawning over the Obama character. “Well, can I just point out that in the last several debates, I seem to get the first question all the time,” Mrs. Clinton said. “I don’t mind, you know, I’ll be happy to field them. But I do find it curious. And if anybody saw ‘Saturday Night Live,’ maybe we should ask Barack if he’s comfortable and needs another pillow.” (The pillow was her own flourish; on the show, the actors playing journalists asked the faux Obama if he was comfortable.)

And for the rest of the evening, the MSNBC debate did look a bit like the “S.N.L.” parody.

No comments: