Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bitch is the New Black




A don't miss video was SNL's Weekend Update, Women's News segment, with Tina Fey. Fey notes that women have come so far as feminists that they don't feel obligated to vote for Clinton just because she's a woman (ouch) and then she proceeds to provide a litany of reasons that we should support Hillary. It's fabulous.

As Rachel Sklar of Huffington Post put it:

But what bugged her most, said Fey, was when people said that Clinton was a bitch. "Yeah, she is," said Fey. "And so am I — and so is this one over here," gesturing at Amy Poehler. "Yeah, deal with it," said Poehler. Fey's point: Bitches got things done, yo, and that's why Hillary would be a good president. "So I'm sayin, it's not too late, Texas and Ohio, get on board! Bitch is the new black!"
See SNL's Campaign Trail: Fauxbama, Huckabee, And Tina Fey Endorsing Clinton.

As part of her bitch analogy, she even includes a hilarious reference to Catholic schools that I can totally relate to. Fey basically says that's why Catholic schools use nuns, not priests, to teach kids. Those nuns are mean old and they're allowed to hit you. At the end of the year, you may have hated those bitches, but you knew the capital of Vermont!

So now I know why I'm such a bitch (yeah, so deal with it) -- it's all the nuns' fault . . .

I may have to adopt this as my motto -- and I'm sure anyone that knows me will heartily endorse that.

For more SNL videos, see Saturday Night Live.

(Via onegoodmove)

UPDATE (3/16): The "bitching" Commentary by Tracy Morgan to Tina Fey's Editorial can be found at Back At You.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya know... I was thinking. What if this statement of hers is more about wanting to keep the democratic race going than some grand feminists statement. I mean, she's a comedy writer. If Hillary loses the next 3 states, even Bill said she couldn't get elected. It's in Tina's best interest to keep this race as close as possible.

Anyway, I thought this was so funny, I made a shirt. Check it out

http://www.jumptees.com

Enjoy.

gigglechick said...

she was brilliant! it inspired me to create shirts/buttons/etc last night at 12:45am

http://www.gigglechick.com

(aren't you happy that we entrepreneurs are coming out of the woodwork??)

Malcolm said...

Tracy Morgan responds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQsFI4Wp6kI

JudiPhilly said...

Thanks Malcolm, I've posted the video (and your comments on the SNL skit).

See Back At You