Monday, February 11, 2008

Hope or Hopeless?



After the buzz with the video, Yes, We Can, which a celebrity tribute to Barack Obama, putting together excerpts from his speeches to music, by Black Eyed Peas' songwriter and producer known as will.i.am, along with director and filmmaker Jesse Dylan, son of another socially active musician, Bob Dylan, it shouldn't be all too surprising that John McCain's fans would want to do the same for him.

They have come up with the words and music that so summarizes McCain: Like Hope, But Different. It so perfectly describes McCain.

Now, I must concede that I am a long time disser of McCain. My favorite journalist, Helen Thomas, called it some time ago, in a piece aptly entitled column, Want more Bush? Elect McCain. For even more of McCain, you can peruse a few of the highlights I've noted over the past few years about McCain and his Spin Talk Express. See, e.g., More of the Same with McCain, I'm Misunderstood, He's Not the Right Man, and Not the Real McCoy.

Of course, my favorite McCain riff (other than this new video) is Jon Stewart's take on one of the early GOP debates, where McCain said he would follow Osama bin Laden to the Gates of Hell (and we all know that the Gates of Hell are in Philly).

(This is also part of my personal campaign to convince my cousin Jim (and otherwise reasonable, progressive-minded person) that he should not consider McCain if Obama doesn't get the nod -- hear me Jim?)

(Video via The Huffington Post, Like Hope, But Different)

No comments: