Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Spice of Life



When I read that the Spice Girls were coming to Philly, I had a major flashback. I almost hate to admit it, but I saw the SPICE GIRLS in concert at the Wachovia Centre -- 10 years ago, on June 27, 1998. The Spice Girls were probably the first group that my daughter fell in love with. She had all of their music, as well as all of the assorted accessories that they sold at the time. I managed to pull some strings with a close friend, who's at one of the big firms in Center City, to get Box Seats for the concert. My daughter and her best friend got to see those Spicey Girls, while I at least got to hang out with my friend, eating -- and drinking -- in comfort. Umm, I even think there was a concert going on.

Luckily, to make up for it, I also saw Bob James in concert on June 30th of that year.

Of course, she's past the days of the Spice Girls now, with an 18th birthday on the horizon next month. But we did have a few minutes of fun reminiscing about the Spice Girl days.

See TONITE: Here Come The Warm Spice MILFs and TOP FIVE REASONS WHY THE SPICE GIRLS WAS BETTER THAN WHATEVER 90’s PRE-FAB POP REUNION CONCERT YOU WERE AT LAST NIGHT.

No comments: