Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy New Year

Today is Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. As such, it is a time for Jews to review the mistakes they made in the past year and to resolve to make improvements in the upcoming year.

Shana Tova to my Jewish friends and in their honor, a clip from the Daily Show, featuring Wyatt Cenac, who goes to south Florida for a focus group on the first presidential debate:




And while we're talking about old Jews in South Florida, I guess I should add the Sarah Silverman video (and, of course, it's the NSFW version):


The Great Schlep from Sarah Silverman on Vimeo.

Maybe I should suggest that my daughter try this with her grandparents, who are headed to South Florida tomorrow for their winter respite. My mother may not be Jewish, but she's an old Italian lady, who thrives on guilt, complains all the time that her kids never call, loves the early bird specials, plays mahjong with her Jewish buddies and lives in Boca for the winter. So, close enough, no?


(Daily Show video via Crooks and Liars, where you can also find the clip from the 1st focus group Cenac conducted)

No comments: