Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Black Friday



Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz
Born this day in 1962

I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way.
I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house,
we had an enormous feast,
and then I killed them and took their land.

Poor Jon. It's Black Friday. Another birthday and everyone asking if The Daily Show will survive life after Bush. See Comedy World Devastated by Obama Victory and Can ‘The Daily Show’ Survive the Barack Obama Presidency?

I have faith in Jon to find the funny in Barack. Of course, he really does need comedy, because he certainly doesn't have a career in singing, as is clear from this clip from A Colbert Christmas. Jon tries to enlighten Stephen about Chanukah, with no success.


And as the video reminds, while I'm still aboard the Jew, Not a Jew Machine, Jon Stewart tops the list, of course. As the guys at JNJ put it:
He's funny, influential, apparently a real mensch, and even if he quit tomorrow he'd have made a huge mark on entertainment and the world it entertains.
___________
For last year's Quote, see And 45 Just Makes You Droop.

No comments: