Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Red Menace


It's official. I decided to have a mid-life crisis & enjoy myself. So I bought a Toyota Solara convertible -- red, of course.

Good Friday was not so good for me. After I picked up my daughter from school, we were in an accident on the way home. Luckily, no one was hurt. Bad thing was that I wasn't in a hurry or speeding, on the phone or otherwise distracted, so it really wasn't fair, as my daughter said. Roads were wet from rain, so I hydroplaned into a Jeep. No damage to Jeep. My Volvo was not so lucky. Got the word at the end of this week that my car was deemed totaled. (This, of course, could be the subject of a post on how much insurance sucks, but I'll leave that for another day).

After absorbing that bad news, I decided to go for it. Indulge myself. I always wanted a convertible, but always acted responsibly instead. My daughter tried to talk me out of it, saying that only rich, old men drive a convertible. Who cares?

Just picture me cruising around with the top down, my hair blowing in the wind . . . without a care in the world.

No comments: