Wednesday, March 12, 2008

No, No, Nanette -- or John



This is dedicated to my favorite cousin Jim. When we were young, we grew up across the street from each other and walked to school together, with his older sister leading the way. For several years, we were neighbors again in Philly, before he took off for the Chestnut Hill of Jersey, Haddenfield. Jim and I remain close -- our families spend the holidays together and we are often aligned politically.

We have been emailing our thoughts about the Democratic primary since the departure of John Edwards. He likes Obama and is not much of a Hillary Clinton fan, especially with the way that she has been campaigning with a vengeance these days. So he keeps threatening to cast his ballot for McCain if Clinton ends up as the Democratic contender.

Truthfully, as I said on many occasions in the past, I believe that McCain is even worse than Bush. See, e.g., John Mccain: Unfit to serve as Commander-In-Chief. My latest mission is to convince him of the error of his ways. Jim mistakenly believes that McCain is a "straight shooter." So, between now and November, I have to make him see the light. This is a part of that campaign.

AMERICAblog writes about a former John McCain supporter, a Republican media consultant, who is running his own campaign - NoJohn.com - to educate the public as to how radical and how shifty John McCain has become. As they describe him:

For nearly 40 years I have been a campaign media consultant working exclusively for Republicans. My first spot was created for Governor Ronald Reagan in 1970 when I founded Spencer-Roberts Advertising for Reagan's two top political gurus, Stu Spencer and Bill Roberts. I was 23 at the time and went on to documentary filmmaking, television news, and ultimately, back to politics, working for moderate Republicans for the U.S. Senate, House, governors, mayors, and on one of the several Dole for President campaigns.

I have always taken a low, or no, profile in campaigns, as I learned long ago not to become an issue myself. But as I approach 62, the impact of another Republican in the White House on my 9-year old daughter, my 39-year old son, and 1-year old grandson, drives me ever deeper to the radical center.

I admired and supported the John McCain of 2000, less so the John McCain of 2004. And, now I barely know the man, who he is or what he really stands for, and against.

As my medium is visual and my message, visceral, I have produced this brief video to take you to the www.NoJohn.com website.

NoJohn.com -- where anyone and everyone can be a "political consultant."

For more, see NoJohn.com

No comments: