Friday, March 21, 2008

Vote Now


I originally posted this on March 12, but am reposting because today is the last day to nominate your favorite female blogger (next week will be the opportunity to vote on the final voting round). I just realized that you can cast your vote for more than one favorite blogger. I'm headed back to vote for another one on my list. So go vote today, before it's too late.

~~~

I've been meaning to mention this. As you can see by the widget/poster on the left, I have a link to Women's Voices Making History, which is soliciting votes for favorite female bloggers (during Women's History month). I really didn't put it there to solicit votes for myself. There are a lot of really good women bloggers who deserve more recognition, so be sure to vote for your favorite.

I've been reading blogs for many years -- back when I had to explain to my friends what a "blog" was. No surprise to anyone who knows me, my reading tends to be focused on political bloggers, with a liberal flavor of course. Other than that, my favorites have evolved over time (and keep growing). I don't normally focus on male vs. female bloggers -- I like well written, intelligent writers, with a bit of humor on occasion. Having said all that, here is my top 10 list of favorite female blogs:

Hullabaloo

Blue Gal

Suburban Guerrilla

Pam's House Blend ...always steamin'!

Rox Populi

Brilliant at Breakfast

Yikes!

TalkLeft

Feministing

Tennessee Guerilla Women

You should also check out the list at AMERICAblog.

You can nominate your favorite female blogger up until March 21 and then go back after that to vote for your favorite among our top 10 women bloggers. Go do it at Women's Voices Making History.

5 comments:

reycorp@gmail.com said...

I have never really thought about it either. Sometimes it is difficult to figure out if a blogger is male or female, looking for subtle hints one way or the other, unless it is explicitly expressed.

Fran / Blue Gal said...

I'm honored to be included in your favorites. You're right, it's not about gender, it's about writing. My mother is an artist and when they opened the Museum of Women's Art she said, "Ick, I wouldn't want to be ghettoized like that."

But I really do appreciate the mention especially in such fine company. Thanks.

Ironic that this time last year we didn't KNOW Digby was female.

BAC said...

Wow (or should I say YIKES), I am incredibly honored to be on your list -- especially considering the others listed! Thanks!


BAC

JudiPhilly said...

Jeff:

As Blue Gal mentions, the best example of that is Digby of Hullabaloo, who was anon. as to name and sex until last year.

I think most people (me included) thought that she was a he. Didn't much matter, since the blog was great either way.

JudiPhilly said...

No, thank you Blue Gal and Beth for your always insightful, interesting and informative blogs -- the 3i's of blogging.